What are Bloom Sessions?
Bloom Sessions is a creative project dedicated to young women and those of marginalised genders in North Yorkshire.
By spotlighting one musician/band and one visual artist/illustrator per month, we want to showcase the spectacular talent that thrives up here – that which battles against the odds of gender disparity and rural isolation.
Every month, we will set up a live recording with our musician(s) in a beautiful North Yorkshire space as well as commission one limited edition print with our visual artist(s)*. Alongside this, we will create coverage on our website with features and interviews to further bolster their platform.
Our aim is to nurture and promote the superb talent we have up here by providing paid opportunities in Yorkshire’s largest county. Much like a flower blooms, we hope to cultivate this creativity and let it grow. In providing an accessible platform, which welcomes all walks of life, Bloom Sessions will be a positive, inclusive and vibrant space.
There is talent in North Yorkshire, and we want to encourage women and people of marginalised genders to bloom.
Who are we looking for?
If you are a women or person of marginalised gender, musical/artistic, aged between 16-25 and live/have lived within North Yorkshire, we want to hear from you! From November 2020 – to February 2021, we are looking for four musical partners and four artistic partners:
- Musical ~ Every month we will record a live session with a musician/band out in a natural space, to be released on the last Sunday of said month. We welcome music from all genres.
- Artistic ~ Every month we will commission an artist to create an A4 design which we will promote and sell as a limited edition run of prints.
All of our creative partners will receive a dedicated feature on our website as well as a quick-fire video interview.
We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and cultures. Diversity is a huge part of our ethos and we want to represent our wonderfully kaleidoscopic community.
What’s in it for you?
These are paid opportunities. Every creative partner will receive £50 for their collaboration with Bloom Sessions.
In addition to this, we will be setting up a donation platform. The musician(s) will receive 60% of their given month’s donations.
Similarly, the visual artist will receive a percentage of the print sales (TBD with artist).
If applicable, any costs of travel will be covered by Bloom Sessions up to a specific amount. Additionally, during any on-location recordings, food and drink will be provided (oooo yeah!)
However, aside from the monetary gain, Bloom Sessions is an opportunity to get your name out there. We are partnered with NYMAZ and Youth Music who promote youth projects like this up and down the country.
We think Bloom Sessions is an exceedingly exciting prospect and we hope you do as well!
How do you get involved?
Applications to become a creative partner with Bloom Sessions are now OPEN! All you need to do is send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Please set the subject line to ‘(name) Bloom Sessions – Open Call’
- Write us a short statement (no longer than 100 words) about who you are, what you do and what your connection to North Yorkshire is.
- Please include a link to either a website/social media page/video that can show us what you got!
The deadline for applying is midnight, October 30th. Sadly, any applications submitted after this point may not be considered. Please be aware that, if selected, you could be collaborating with us between November 2020 – February 2021.
If you need to know anything else, or have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to delve into the vibrant, creative community in and around North Yorkshire!!
* This will be revaluated monthly to remain in line with government guidance about COVID-19. In the eventuality that meeting in person is not viable, Bloom Sessions will go ahead virtually.